Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Per Noctem Ad Lucem. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Eoded

Drachenreiter

• »Eoded« ist männlich
  • »Eoded« ist der Autor dieses Themas

aktive Twinks: Eoded, Elebor, Eonost

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 7. Dezember 2013, 09:58

Update 12.1 - Preliminary Release notes - BULLROARER ONLY - SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Hier mal die ( ? ) Änderungen zu Update 12.1 ( leider nur in Englisch)

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.…BJECT-TO-CHANGE

Eoded

Drachenreiter

• »Eoded« ist männlich

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 10. Dezember 2013, 10:03

So there's a good chance I may just end up making a general post about itemization for Helm's Deep, but for the time being I'll see what I can do to explain some of the decisions that were made that have been brought up here.

So first off, changes were made to the scaling instance loot and, per the requests of most of you, I will be compiling a list of all available gear that will be released on the forums a bit closer to the launch of 12.1

Regarding these changes, I re-organized all of the incomparable loot drops in an attempt to pair off as much of the gear as I could so that if an instance were to drop, say, a will-based trinket, it would drop there for Lore-masters, Minstrels, and Rune-keepers, rather than there for Lore-masters, another instance for Minstrels, and another instance for Rune-keepers. This will help a bit with tracking, and should cut down on the randomness on Challenge Chests, which should now be functional, and will include a pull from all possible drops from its respective instance. With this re-organization, a drop should typically never be seen in more than two instances. There will, however, be a few exceptions for classes that are unable to use off-hands or shields, as they do not have quite as large of an overall pool to pull from, and will see a couple pieces appear in three instances.

From there I suppose I can address the issue of non-unique loot. Basically, what this decision boiled down to, was how many pieces of gear I felt would be adequate for instances. Yes, it would have been possible to restrict particular drops to particular instances, but doing so would have left very limited loot options, leaving some classes with 0-1 drops per instance. I felt that the current system was a much better option, and would at least provide most instances with an equal chance of being run.

When it comes to the new gear stat-ings, I have a few reasons behind the decisions that were made, so I'll do my best to hit everything. So first off, the item level bump. My intention here was not to force everyone into taking the new gear, but to instead provide some worth to some of the lesser item rarities. I did not simply want players coming into the expansion with a full set of incomparables/epics, that would not be replaced until they came across a new set of incomparables/epics. Item rarity was initially implemented for a reason, and the main intention here was to create some sense of progression through the newly released gear.

The big push behind the new stat groupings was largely from a standardization/progression standpoint. Yes, having large amounts of Might/Vitality on every piece of gear does make balancing things a bit easier, but the bigger reason behind this decision was the sense of growth. With previous set-ups, it was possible to get a new piece of gear of a higher item level, but still be unsure as to whether or not it was truly an upgrade due to fluctuations in stat offerings and magnitudes. To solve this, I implemented static values that correlated to class, role, and iLevel in order to provide that definite sense of progression.

In regards to what stats are currently being offered on gear, a large part of that was driven again by standardization. I found it unfair that tanks had to itemize for nearly twice the amount of stats as a dps or healer, so I sought to close the gap by pulling some of the less integral stats from gear, and utilizing the newly implemented trait trees to account for any large holes. Mitigations for instance, are already increased by Might, Vitality, Will, and Armour. Sure, not all classes have access to all of these stats, but those that tend to benefit most from them do, and should have further access in their trait trees. Taking up further space on items seemed a bit overkill. When it came to Incoming Healing, I honestly was just not a huge fan of a stat-ing yourself largely so that another class could do their job better, especially when those other classes already have their own means of increasing their potency (tactical mastery). This, however, is another stat that can be found through traiting, which I feel is a much better home. And resistance, well, that isstill present. However, it has been moved primarily to PvMP, as its uses in PvE are/were very limited.

The biggest thing to take into account with all of this, is that there is still a good deal of balancing to be done. You can expect adjustments to mob difficulty, damage and healing output, and stat caps to account for all of the changes, both itemization-related and not. As it stands, yes, many classes have little use for defensive stats, and many people aresitting on or near a number of stat caps. This will change, however, and my intent is to have you be at a point where you will need to make conscious decisions on what you wear in order to progress through some of the harder challenges in the game.

On that note though, I'm going to stop, as I'm starting to lose train of thought. By all means though, feel free to comment, criticize, whatever, and I'll do my best to jump back in here and on the forums in general to address what I can.

EDIT: Ah yes. PvE armour sets. No, they are not planned for 12.1, but yes, they will be coming in the future. Honestly, a large part of the reasoning here is that I wanted to make sure many of the other aspects of itemization were straightened away before providing access to a new set. For the time being there are the jewelry sets in Big Battles, which have their own set of requirements. I do not want to simply throw sets at you guys , however, and I worry that that's what may have happened if I tied them in with instances/raids at launch. There should be some sense of prestige with obtaining them, and that's what I am hoping to create in the future.

Eoded

Drachenreiter

• »Eoded« ist männlich

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 6. Januar 2014, 17:04

Infos zu Update 12.2

Quelle: http://lotroplayers.mymiddleearth.com/20…d-january-2014/

PS: There will be no new instance cluster release in the near future. :dudu: